Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Blog!

Ok, so I am giving in! I have wanted to do this for a while, but just haven't really taken the time. I figure that this is a good time to start. There is so much going on right now that it will help to put my thoughts down on a blog!
So in about 5 weeks, Zeke and I will be moving to Tennessee. This has been the plan for a while now and it is so crazy to think that the time is almost here to move! It seems like my family and I just moved here! God has done so many amazing things in my life and in the life of my family over the last 8 years! I have been so blessed to be a part of God's work here in Las Vegas and ultimately all over the world.
However, it is now time for a new chapter (so cliche, but I really cannot think of another word!). I am so excited about all that God has in store for Zeke and I - especially for this summer. We are so looking forward to spending the summer in Tennessee with my family. God is really placing Shelbyville on our hearts, something I never really thought about until the last few months. :)
I think it has a lot to do with the news we received about my dad a couple weeks ago. My dad had been feeling bad for a while and the doctors thought he had diverticulitis so they scheduled him for a colonoscopy. When they went in to do the colonoscopy, they were unable to finish because they found a tumor in his lower colon. They did a CAT Scan and found that the cancer had not spread anywhere else. He then met with an oncologist who went over what treatment would look like for this cancer. The oncologist said that he needed to have a PET Scan to double check that the cancer had not spread to any other part of his body. The results came back and the cancer has not spread anywhere else! We are so thankful for that! As of right now my dad will have to go through chemo and radiation, with a possible extra chemo treatment. The treatment will last 6 weeks for 5 days a week.
Through all of this my family and I know that God has a purpose for it all! Honestly when I first heard about it, my prayer was that God would simply remove it! That He would supernaturally take the tumor out of my dad's body and that when he went back for the next scan it would miraculously be gone! However, that was not the case! But I know that God has a reason to take us through this. At the same time I found out about everything gong on with my dad, God was revealing so much to me through the Study Anointed, Transformed, and Redeemed. This study is about the life of David, the first week of this study is all about how God specifically chose David. That He established David as the King of Israel. The word established means that he was set firmly in place. The point is that God has established us in the very places we are right now! THe things that happen in our lives never surprised God! He set us firmly in place where we are! There is something He desires to show us through our situation, or someone He desires to reach through our situation.
I hope that this encourages those of you reading!
:)

3 comments: